Click here to skip my blah blah blah and go straight to the recipe video (I won’t be offended, I promise).
I have been wanting to get into recipe video production for a while, and now that I have a new DSLR camera (with auto-focus!), there’s no longer any excuses not to do it. Like most folks, I’ve been watching the likes of Tasty go absolutely viral and for good reason – I love watching the short videos that give me daily inspiration when I’m trying to decide “What’s for dinner?”. In my video, that question is answered with a resounding chicken fajita bowls!! Scroll down below to check out my first crack at a recipe video 🙂
Being a visual learner, I definitely prefer following a recipe with a video tutorial, so in the spirit of bringing my readers more top quality content (ie, selfishly, the type of content that I enjoy), I’ve decided to give it a go on little old seefoodplay.com!
The idea of filming a recipe from start to finish was surprisingly intimidating, so I wanted to go for a recipe that would look good on camera (lots of color!), that I make often so comfortable with the recipe, and that I actually wanted to share with readers. Now, the thing that I am absolutely most comfortable with is pasta (all pasta, any kind of pasta – I can make it perfectly al dente practically in my sleep). But in the interest of trying to branch out, I decided to go for another one of my favorites: a chicken & veggie ‘fajita’ bowl. I’m a huge fan of meal prepping, especially the lunches that I take to work, and this recipe is perfect for just that.
In the spirit of the ubiquitous Tasty recipe video, my take on this was to keep it simple and healthy, packed full of fresh ingredients, and easy to make ahead… all in about a minute-long video. I hope you enjoy the video and recipe – it’s filling, super easy, and a great idea to add to your meal prep catalog!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to let me know either in the comments below or by tagging a photo of your version on Instagram under #sfprecipes.
Easy chicken fajita bowls
- 2-3 sliced bell peppers I used green, red and yellow
- 1 small onion sliced
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Spice mix: 1 tbsp each of garlic powder salt, smoked paprika, oregano,
- 1 can of black beans
- avocado slices
- sour crème/crème fraiche
- chives or spring onions for garnish
- Brown the chicken in a bit of olive oil, but be careful not to overcook
- Remove chicken, cut into slices, set aside
- Combine the spice mix and veggies
- Sauté all the veggies until they’re cooked through but still crisp
- Add the chicken back into the pan to soak up the flavors and to warm up
- Prepare the bowls: add rice, peppers, chicken, black beans, and avocado
- Garnish with fresh lime juice, sour cream, and cilantro or spring onions
Share a comment: