I must be craving a taste of home these days because most of the recipes I’ve cooked up in the past few weeks have been my own homemade versions of some of my favorite childhood treats. One of the easiest, most-delicious ways to make chicken is shake-n-bake! The flavour is where it’s at, it couldn’t be easier, and is a sure bet to having deliciously moist baked chicken. And it’s fun to make, so great if you have kiddies that like to help out in the kitchen. In my case, that would be my better half 🙂
I keep my shake-n-bake mix on-hand so that I can always just throw this together in a few minutes when I’m short on time and/or inspiration.
I’m a big fan of recipes that can be adapted to what you happen to have in your pantry. If you don’t have some of the ingredients – don’t worry! Just use what you have and it’ll still come out great.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion power
- 1 tablespoon Dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons Dried parsley
- 1 pinch of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (homemade or store-bought)
- Combine all of the ingredients for the shake-n-bake, and store in an air-tight container for up to 4 weeks.