Hey folks! Today I’m showing you how I prepare a delicious and easy roast chicken dinner – perfect for a hearty and healthy weeknight meal.
Everything cooks in the same pan in the oven, and only needs around 5 minutes of prep. The beauty of this recipe is that you do *not* need a bunch of fancy ingredients: just a few items come together perfectly to create a medley of deliciousness on your plate!! We eat a roast dinner at least once a week – when it’s this quick and easy to prepare, it’s hard not to!
Check out the recipe video on my YouTube channel here.
- 2 large chicken portions
- 2 potatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 1 onion
- +Fresh herbs (sage & rosemary)
- +Olive oil (around 1/2 cup)
- +Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Roughly chop the onion, potatoes and courgettes and place them in the roasting pan
- Add the herbs, then season with salt and pepper
- Pour a few glugs of olive oil over the veg, then give it a good shake to distribute the seasonings
- Add the chicken on top of the vegetables, and season with more salt and pepper
- Pour a bit more olive oil over the chicken
- Cook uncovered for 35-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 75 degrees celsius
Share a comment: